Kiara Natal

Athlete

Poet

Skater

Coder

My Posts on Youth Voices about Our Issue

Youth Producer at
P.U.L.S.E.
in the Bronx, New York

Hello my name is Kiara Natal. There are many things in this world that are important to me. Well, not exactly things, more like people and I say “people” because material things can always be replaced by other things. But there are some people in your life that you can never be replaced. One of those people in my life is my mom. She is the reason I  am the person I am today. I was born in the Bronx, but when I was younger I moved around a lot. I lived in all different types of neighborhoods; I lived in neighborhoods where people would not even consider living there for a second. Then, on the other hand, I also lived in neighborhoods where everyone was nice. Where you can just walk down the street without having to worry if something was going to happen to you. So for me, one advantage I had was being able to have both perspectives.

At this very point in my life, the only thing I’m interested in is graduating high school. I am a student at PULSE High School, but this was not always my high school. Before coming to this school I was in two other high schools. But during my sophomore year of High School, I became I’ll, so sick where I needed to get surgery. Because of the fact that I had to get surgery, I fell away behind in my school work. Coming to PULSE has allowed me to catch up on my credits and be able to pass all my classes. And because of this now I’ll be able to graduate on time on June 27, 2017.

Outside of school, there’s not really much that I could enjoy doing. I go to school from 8 in the morning to 5 at night, then after school, I have to go to work. So by the time I get home I am so tired I barely even want to move. But still then my work isn’t over because if I had homework that night I would have to do my homework, then I have to start cooking. Yes, some days my mom would do the cooking but most days I just am too exhausted to try and do anything that’s fun. But some things I’m good at is getting good grades in school, getting what needs to be done finished, and just being able to handle school and work without completely losing my mind!

My Vfolio

Include the following in a five-minute video.

• Name
  • High school/Pathways and estimated graduation date
  • Describe your website project (Subject: Archival documentary; Line of inquiry)
  • Describe two samples of your individual work that contributed to the website project (Choose work that best shows your skills and your future trajectory).
  • Describe the process of creating the work, the creative decisions you made and why, who did you work with, your role, challenges you faced, and creative problem-solving strategies that helped you solve them (personally and as a team).

**********

Our Website: Name TBD

Make links to three Google Community posts:

• One that describes something that you learned through hands-on real world media production experience during the workshop
  • One that describes the creative decisions you made during the project and why you made them, as well as creative problem-solving
  • One that describes your role and involvement in the collaborative creative process of the project.

Skills

**********
I am a text and media block. You can add links to publicly shared Google Docs or other Web pages, and you can add images, audio tracks, or VoiceThreads — or anything you can embed.

• Log in at http://youthvoices.live
  • Click Dashboard
  • Click Pages / All Pages. Then find the Youth Producer’s Page with your name on it, and click edit. (If you don’t have a Youth Producer’s Page, ask your teacher/mentor or email allisonpr@gmail.com to set it up for you.)
  • Click the edit button to in this Text Block to change this text.

You can add links to publicly shared Google Docs or other Web pages, and you can add images or videos.

New Media Arts

• What you learned this semester about website design, video-making, and other media production using Photoshop and Premiere
  • A description of the process of making the website (Take us on a tour using links.)
  • What you think was successful about the website (Show with links.)
  • What you would change if you had more time (Show with links.)

**********

• Log in at http://youthvoices.live
  • Click Dashboard
  • Click Pages / All Pages. Then find the Youth Producer’s Page with your name on it, and click edit. (If you don’t have an Youth Producer’s Page, ask your teacher/mentor or email allisonpr@gmail.com to set it up for you.)

Docs Sharing from paulallison on Vimeo.

Remixing EVC’s Archive

• Discuss your reactions to the youth-produced videos from the Educational Video Center’s archive. How do their decisions as interviewers, editors and video producers affect you as a viewer?
  • Describe the clips that you chose from the archival video for the remix video and why you chose them. (Include links to your comments in NowComment.)
  • Describe what the clips tell us about the social issue back then compared to today.
  • Describe what you learned about the social justice/community content of the website.
  • How you learned what you learned
  • How the collaborative process impacted you personally

**********
I am a text and media block. You can add links to publicly shared Google Docs or other Web pages, and you can add images, audio tracks, or videos, VoiceThreads — or anything you can embed.

• Log in at http://youthvoices.live
  • Click Dashboard
  • Click Pages / All Pages. Then find the Youth Producer’s Page with your name on it, and click edit. (If you don’t have an Youth Producer’s Page, ask your teacher/mentor or email allisonpr@gmail.com to set it up for you.)

MR – How I write poetry from CLPE on Vimeo.

Special Thanks

• An expression of gratitude to individuals and groups who inspired, motivated, or supported you in your work as a new media artist.
  • A conclusion summarizing what you got out of this experience
  • What you hope to do next in school and/or life

CC BY-SA 4.0 Kiara Natal by Paul is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.