Justin Cordero

Athlete

Comedian

Student

Gangster

My Posts on Youth Voices about Our Issue

Youth Producer at
P.U.L.S.E. High School
in the Bronx, NY

I am Justin Cordero, but you can call me Big Homie Jay. I’m 18 years old. I’m a senior in high school. I love to play sports and video games. I’m from the Bronx. I was born on July 18, 1998. A big turning point in my life was when my grandmother died a few years back. She was my main support system, my grandmother, my best friend and my everything. I had to adjust to not having her in my life anymore which took some time and I had to do so at a critical time in my stages of maturing which led me to do things in life that I’m not proud of. I learned from my mistakes though and will be graduating in June which is my first step to bettering myself and preparing myself for adulthood. I’m a Bronx native born and raised I’ve lived in the same apartment in the same neighborhood my whole life. Although I have a second apartment upstate which is like a getaway for me in my parents’ house which is in Wappinger Falls, New York. That place lets me see a different way of life. The people are much more courteous and the communities are much quieter. I’m used to the city where you can go outside hear music, see people walking around, walk to the store and see the hardships of the neighborhood. When I’m upstate, it’s peaceful and quiet. I could walk around and just think about my life and what I have to do to get where I wanna be without all the distractions of the city life.
I’m not gonna lie, I don’t like much about school. I will say that I do like my science, art and English classes. I’m mostly interested in passing my classes and graduating in June and I also need this p.m credit (so don’t fail me, Paul). I do plan on going to college after high school I just need to figure out what my major will be.
Although I don’t have a lot of enjoyments inside of school I have a couple outside of school. I’m really good at sports. Growing up I played baseball for a few different teams made all-star teams. I also became fond of basketball as I got older playing in my local parks with friends and family. I’m also very good at video games. Growing up, besides sports, I didn’t have much freedom. My mother always wanted me home. So after I was finished with my homework I played games for most of my spare time. I became really good. Until this day, I still play games from time to time.

My Vfolio

Include the following in a five-minute video.

• Name
  • High school/Pathways and estimated graduation date
  • Describe your website project (Subject: Archival documentary; Line of inquiry)
  • Describe two samples of your individual work that contributed to the website project (Choose work that best shows your skills and your future trajectory).
  • Describe the process of creating the work, the creative decisions you made and why, who did you work with, your role, challenges you faced, and creative problem-solving strategies that helped you solve them (personally and as a team).

**********

Our Website: Name TBD

Make links to three Google Community posts:

• https://plus.google.com/u/0/108632148915008651046/posts/gJfBG2xwpah
  • https://plus.google.com/u/0/108632148915008651046/posts/CGVtkM2xGxM
  • https://plus.google.com/u/0/108632148915008651046/posts/Ytfmjnnao8T

Skills

**********
I am a text and media block. You can add links to publicly shared Google Docs or other Web pages, and you can add images, audio tracks, or VoiceThreads — or anything you can embed.

• Log in at http://youthvoices.live
  • Click Dashboard
  • Click Pages / All Pages. Then find the Youth Producer’s Page with your name on it, and click edit. (If you don’t have a Youth Producer’s Page, ask your teacher/mentor or email allisonpr@gmail.com to set it up for you.)
  • Click the edit button to in this Text Block to change this text.

You can add links to publicly shared Google Docs or other Web pages, and you can add images or videos.

New Media Arts

• What you learned this semester about website design, video-making, and other media production using Photoshop and Premiere
  • A description of the process of making the website (Take us on a tour using links.)
  • What you think was successful about the website (Show with links.)
  • What you would change if you had more time (Show with links.)

**********

• Log in at http://youthvoices.live
  • Click Dashboard
  • Click Pages / All Pages. Then find the Youth Producer’s Page with your name on it, and click edit. (If you don’t have an Youth Producer’s Page, ask your teacher/mentor or email allisonpr@gmail.com to set it up for you.)

Docs Sharing from paulallison on Vimeo.

Remixing EVC’s Archive

• Discuss your reactions to the youth-produced videos from the Educational Video Center’s archive. How do their decisions as interviewers, editors and video producers affect you as a viewer?
  • Describe the clips that you chose from the archival video for the remix video and why you chose them. (Include links to your comments in NowComment.)
  • Describe what the clips tell us about the social issue back then compared to today.
  • Describe what you learned about the social justice/community content of the website.
  • How you learned what you learned
  • How the collaborative process impacted you personally

**********
I am a text and media block. You can add links to publicly shared Google Docs or other Web pages, and you can add images, audio tracks, or videos, VoiceThreads — or anything you can embed.

• Log in at http://youthvoices.live
  • Click Dashboard
  • Click Pages / All Pages. Then find the Youth Producer’s Page with your name on it, and click edit. (If you don’t have an Youth Producer’s Page, ask your teacher/mentor or email allisonpr@gmail.com to set it up for you.)

MR – How I write poetry from CLPE on Vimeo.

Special Thanks

• An expression of gratitude to individuals and groups who inspired, motivated, or supported you in your work as a new media artist.
  • A conclusion summarizing what you got out of this experience
  • What you hope to do next in school and/or life

CC BY-SA 4.0 Justin Cordero by Justin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.