Follow this link to see this comment in the original context.

As a special educator, I learned about ABC (antecedent conditions, behavior, consequences). When you describe a teacher anticipating what may happen, you recognize that a teacher who can determine what the triggers are that cause the impulsivity has a “leg up.” I believe that anticipation requires careful observation of a student within the classroom context. Then you can determine how to modify the antecedents. By doing so, you will short circuit the impulsive behavior. I have seen teachers successfully teach students to use a meta-cognitive checklist (sometimes with visuals).

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices