This election has been the most important election of our lives, considering the fact that this is the next four years where we start living our lives as adults. It is important that we are all educated about this election, and to realize the importance of voting. But those who track youth voter turnout are wondering if this year might be different because of a combination of factors: the massive number of young people who’ve turned 18 in the past four years; the intensity of emotion surrounding the Covid19 pandemic and the racial justice movement spurred by the killing of George Floyd; and the high stakes of this election.

I think it is important to vote as a younger generation because this is the next four years of our adulthood. This time around it affects us just as much as anyone else that is voting. If we want change then we have to believe that every vote counts.