In the article “Young and Unemployed” by Liz Alderman and Geneva Abdul, they talk about how many young people in Europe are moving back in with their parents or making tough choices due to the pandemic. This is not only happening in Europe but also in America and China where the young people are also struggling to find jobs.

Alderman and Abdul say that in Europe is where the unemployment rate for young people have been hit the most because it might affect a whole generation. College graduates are looking for a job but get getting declined even if they have a degree and experience. If they can’t get a job then they would struggle paying their debt.

The pandemic has ruined so much opportunities for so many people. I understand how hard it is to find a job since I have no experience of working. I can’t imagine how it is for people that have the experience and are jobless. It must feel so disappointing to get rejected. I really do hope COVID cases go down and everything can get back to normal.

August 26, 2021 12:44 am

Dear Heidi

I am very impressed by your post about ¨Young and Unemployed¨ because the pandemic has changed the way that people are living. I totally agree with you about how it was hard to find jobs because they were shutting everything off.

The thing that stands out to me was that ¨The pandemic has ruined so many opportunities for so many people.¨ This stands out to me because in my personal life things got runied in my life.

Thank you for sharing this amazing piece of information. I look forward to another piece of information that you share.

Thank you, Jonathan Alcantar

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices
1
0
()