Follow this link to see this comment in the original context.

The article “Old enough to vote” by Joe Burban talks about how young voters want to give their point of view and show that they care about what is happening in the country. Throughout the years young people have been fighting for their right to vote. From the 2016 election to now there was at least a 7% increase in votes from ages 18 to 21. This is telling us that young people want to prove that they can also have an opinion because in reality they are going to be the future and they are being affected by the decisions that are taken by other people who are actually voting or by their own government. 

As seen in the last couple of year the increase in young people’s interest towards the country’s future is greater than what had been in the past. Young adults believed that even if they voted, their ideas or votes were not valid. Now things have changed. They want to show that they are able to make decisions that can affect or benefit themselves and that they can prove their point in letting others know that they want something different or that some of the laws are being unfair. It is fair for a young adult to have an opinion for what they want done in their life.