Stamped

I’m learning more about Stamped right now, and in particular what I’m pretty sure of is that it was really dumb of them thinking Africans are inferior because of the weather. This caught my attention because to me it is just messed up how they were trying to think “Oh, it’s just because of the weather they are acting like this, and also why they are dumb.” And I feel like they just talk too negatively about Black people, like it was so wrong and dumb for them to do that to other humans:

“Africans are savages because Africa is hot, and extreme weather made them that way.”  (Kendi, I. and Reynolds, J., 2020. Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You. New York, NY: Little, Brown and Company: Hachette Book Group.)

The quote I chose here is basically saying  “Oh, African people are savages and the way they are because of the hot and extreme weather; basically the heat made them that way” but it’s dumb to me because I am pretty sure everyone complains when it’s way too hot for them.

I think this is so messed up because they judge them and where they came from. It makes me wonder if racism will ever end and white people or cops will ever stop killing more black people and treating them so differently than others. 

Well I don’t know why they think that way of them just because they have a darker skin than them and like to judge them. It’s wrong to call them savages. I mean what makes them savages? This also reminds me of how they call Native Americans savages as well because of the way they dressed and lived. I’ve seen that in a Disney movie.I’m learning more about Stamped right now, and in particular what I’m pretty sure of is that it was really dumb of them thinking Africans are inferior because of the weather. This caught my attention because to me it is just messed up how they were trying to think “Oh, it’s just because of the weather they are acting like this, and also why they are dumb.” And I feel like they just talk too negatively about Black people, like it was so wrong and dumb for them to do that to other humans:

Well I don’t know why they think that way of them just because they have a darker skin than them and like to judge them. It’s wrong to call them savages. I mean what makes them savages? This also reminds me of how they call Native Americans savages as well because of the way they dressed and lived. I’ve seen that in a Disney movie.

Click here to see my comments on Chapters 5 – 10 of Stamped on NowComment.