Parker
February 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Valerie,
Your poem was very well-written. I loved all of the simple details you added because they made me visualize exactly what you were talking about. I could really feel how much this childhood memory meant to you. I hope to see more poems by you.

Reagan
February 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Valerie,

Your poem really touched me, because it seems as though this was a memory you genuinely cherish and remember from your childhood. I hope you keep writing, because this was a truly beautiful increment that I believe you can continue to improve on!

Mae
Mae
February 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Valerie,
I liked your poem very much. I can really see the flowers so your imagery is great. I can also feel the warmth you convey through your word choices of “filled my heart” etc. Great job! If you want to find more poems about flowers and spring, here is a whole website full of them: http://www.quotegarden.com/flowers.html
Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed your post!

Anna
February 20, 2018 5:32 am

Valerie,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem! It has such wonderful description, I could vividly see the image of the dogwood tree. I especially enjoyed the parallel structure you used in lines six and seven. Your poem kind of reminded e of the poem “Dogwood” by Kelli White (https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/dogwood_797827_). I hope you continue to write poetry, youre very talented.

Paul
February 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Valerie,

As someone who grew up with a dogwood tree in my backyard, I can absolutely appreciate your poem! I especially like your use of the word “dainty” as it is very fitting for dogwoods. This is a very nice piece!

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices
5
0
()