I learned about computer programing in the start  of my junior year of high school, where I was introduced to it by one of my teachers. As I started learning more about it, I realized the gender gap in the workforce of STEM fields is unequal. Technology has been and will continue to advance but the people working in these fields are mostly men. I found it very unfair that men could be and are being a part of our future and women re being left behind. Not only is there many reason preventing from women entering these fields but also there are many reasons that causes the few women to  enter these fields, leave them as well. In my opinion, this is one of the biggest problems in our society today, and even though this problem has been recently started to be talked about it should be talked about more. What I would like to continue to learn about this topic is how to make more of an awareness of this issue and how we can improve the gender gap to give young girls today an opportunity to thrive in these fields that are going to be a big part of our future.

0
()