In the article, “YOU DECIDE A Women on the $10” (BTW), I learned that Secretary Jacob Lew announced that women would be featured display on the $10. But some people are against that. A group of women made a campaign to raise their voices and that women be printed on a dollar, but the government rejected that idea. The Treasury Department’s plan is not to remove bills with Alexander Hamilton from circulation. Instead, the new currency featuring a woman will be produced in tandem with the existing bills. The fact that no other currency exists with a portrait image sends a message that women are incapable of recognition without the partnership of a man. Honoring the contributions of exceptional people is not the only reason for a reissue of currency. Combating counterfeiting and other security threats is the primary reason for the continual redesign. Enhanced accessibility is another. The new ten-dollar bill will have tactile features for the visually impaired.

I think this is something unnecessary don’t let the women be more recognized on the dollar. The changes don’t make problems with people are just a dollar with the image of a woman. I people are scared to let the women be more recognized they need to open their minds more because people have other ideas.

What is your thinking?

Community Verified icon

April 11, 2022 11:52 pm

Dear Veronica,
“Women in a Dollar?” is an amazing post. I had no idea they were attempting to place a woman on a $1 bill. If it goes through, it will be a wonderful change.

“A group of women launched a campaign to raise their voices and demand that women be printed on a dollar, but the government rejected the notion,” you wrote. I had no idea they had launched a campaign to effect this change. It’s fascinating to learn that people are fighting for these reforms.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I’m excited to see what you come up with next.
Fernando

March 29, 2022 3:34 am

Dear Veronica :

I am impressed by your post, “Women in a dollar?,” because I didn’t know that o many people are against a female in a dollar bill.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ I learned that Secretary Jacob Lew announced that women would be featured display on the $10″ I didn’t know that they wanted to change the 10 dollar bill.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

Fernando

March 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Dear Veronica,
I am amazed by your post, “Women in a dollar?”. I had no clue that they were trying to put a women a dollar bill. It would be a positive change if it were to go through.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me is “ A group of women made a campaign to raise their voices and that women be printed on a dollar, but the government rejected that idea.” I never knew they had created a campaign to make this change. It is interesting to know that people fight for these changes.

Thanks for your writing. I can’t wait to see what you write next.

Karen.

March 28, 2022 5:00 am

Veronica, I am impressed with your post, ¨Women in a dollar¨.

I think it was very well written. One sentence you wrote that stood out to me was when you stated ¨A group of women made a campaign to raise their voices and that women be printed on a dollar, but the government rejected that idea.¨ I never knew this was a campaign. I would like to be a part of this movement because it is for a good cause and I would like to see this come to act.

Another sentence you wrote that I most definitely agree with is ¨I people are scared to let the women be more recognized they need to open their minds more because people have other ideas.¨ I believe this is true because a lot of people try to belittle women and not let us speak on our ideas. They think we shouldn’t have the same rights as men.

I cant wait to see what you write next.

Madai

4
0
()