In the book The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne DuPrau Nickie is still stuck between hiding Amanda and telling her aunt. Nickie knows that if the word gets out she’d be in big trouble. She recently made a ‘list’ about her goals while at Greenhaven. “1.Keep Greenhaven, 2.Fall in Love, 3.Help the world.” Nickie’s been currently stressing about “falling deeply and passionately” in love with a boy. She thinks it’s pretty reasonable since she’s only 11 and has never been deeply in love. One day while Crystal was out shopping for groceries she asked Amanda about any type of journals or photo albums her great grandfather kept. Crystal was only able to locate a old crusty journal wrote in every once in while. Niki thought he might have had a bit more notes but to her surprise the journal was relatively empty. This book reminds me of a book I read a long time ago because in the book A Hidden Girl a little girl is forced ti go into hiding during the holocaust, this reminds me a bit of Amanda’s situation.

Photo by lovecatz

0
()