Visualization of the coronavirus causing COVID-19

Nobody, not even scientists know when or how the virus that causes COVID-19 will ever go away. According to the article, scientists believe that we will eventually treat the virus like the common cold, or we will become immune through infections or vaccines. The problem with viruses however is that they mutate all the time. Unlike the flu, the virus is mutating for the worse, making it easier to transmit it, and by becoming more severe. The flu mutated to become less virulent, making it easier to get rid of/control, but the coronavirus is mutating in ways that make it much harder to contain. Scientists also worry about a vaccine resistant strain that could emerge at any time, making our current vaccines ineffective, and hindering our progress towards normal life.

4 1 vote
September 17, 2021 5:50 pm

I like how you included a hyperlink to the article which could help me easily locate the article if I have any further questions. I enjoy how you provided information comparing it to a similar virus like the flu and compared and contrasted the two, showing how Covid is more contagious and mutates more. Thank you for breaking down the question and going in-depth to answer your question and provide the supporting evidence, now I have a better view of what is going on in the world currently.

Cameron
September 17, 2021 5:49 pm

The points you are making about mutation are actually happening with the delta variant and some people are still getting and transmitting the virus despite vaccination. Here is an article about it.https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/12/most-fully-vaccinated-people-who-get-covid-delta-infections-are-asymptomatic-who-says-.html
I think you should follow your article with some evidence in emerging news about the delta variant.

September 17, 2021 5:42 pm

The claims you made in this post are mainstream and supported well. Thanks to you, I have a better understanding of how the flu and COVID are different in respect to their constant mutation.

3
0
()