In the article, “Clones to the Rescue?” scientists may have discovered a way to save endangered animals. This can be done through the use of cloning. Very recently scientists were able to clone a black ferret, Elizabeth, from a black ferret that had died more than thirty years ago from her preserved cells. Black ferrets are an endangered species with fewer than 500 black ferrets out in the wild, and for the first time, scientists have been able to clone an endangered species. Thanks to this cloning, scientists could save even more endangered species in years to come. Scientists even have hope of possibly bringing back animals that are already extinct.

What are your thoughts on cloning animals?

J. Luke
J. Luke
May 13, 2021 2:17 pm

We can clone extinct animals for entertainment or science, because it is an interesting and exciting way to learn about our nature. I do think it will help, because stopping the extinction process and reversing the hands of time can help these types of animals. Duplicating genes and DNA structures and reworking the interior will help that specific animal survive and breed to make new animals.

Help on Youth Voices
1
0
()

Connect with