December 11, 2021 8:03 am

Huck,
It’s a real shame that this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Given the sensitive nature of court cases, it’s mystifying why it’s difficult for them to be set up securely. Our own school can set a password to restrict access, why can’t the government?
Internet court cases have the advantage that it provides safety from those most vulnerable to disease; but it must also protect those most vulnerable to harassment.

December 10, 2021 5:56 pm

This is an alarming threat because courtrooms are supposed to allow people to reach some type of justice and accountability. Now that that is being threatened, the justice system is being further pushed into the deep end. So many people have lost faith in our justice system and now with the untrustworthiness behind online court cases, I am not surprised if people lose more faith. This also brings up the point for hard hard it would be to run these cases for lawyers, clerks, judges, bailiffs, and more.

2
0
()