Some of the reasons as to why Shakespeare is still studied today are because of its language and how profoundly the words are. The words Shakespeare uses are what amazes people today. His words and stories like in the video, Why Study Shakespeare Today?, explains that using his words are a way, an easier way for some people to express themselves. For example, talking about sexual desires, racism, feminism. Shakespeare’s words encourage people that it is okay to talk about these things.

For this playlist, I am currently studying the play Othello written by Shakespeare. My strategies for approaching and studying the play is first to understand what is going on. Then annotating the whole play, to deeper my understanding of why Shakespeare uses this specific word, why he uses these characters, etc. And then connected to real life situations and the real world.

As of right now, I feel kind of confident in trying to understand Shakespeare. I mean with practicing and analyzing the parts of the play helped me put ideas in my head about what Shakespeare is trying to say, but in a way that I could understand it as well.

Photo by ptwo

0
()