a person holding a sign

In the article, “Why Is Abortion so Controversial?”  (EFC 2018) I learned that abortion is a controversial topic primarily because it involves complex moral, ethical, religious, and legal considerations. People often hold deeply held beliefs and values that influence their perspectives on when life begins, the rights of the mother versus the rights of the unborn fetus, and the role of government in regulating such personal decisions. These differing viewpoints contribute to the ongoing debate and controversy surrounding abortion.

I think that subjects like abortion will likely continue to be controversial because it involves fundamental and deeply held beliefs about human life, rights, and morality. As long as these diverse beliefs exist, it’s probable that abortion will remain a contentious and divisive topic. 

As I continue to learn about abortion, why does the government feel so passionately about restricting women’s rights?

0
()