African American are more likely to get lower-paying jobs than white people because the education between white communities and black communities are a lot different from each other. Black males and females are less likely to become successful because they are less likely to attend and graduate from college.’’ Among college graduates, for example, the Black unemployment rate averaged 2.8 percent from November 2018 to October 2019, 40 percent higher than the 2 percent rate for white college graduates in the same period’’. https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/economy/reports/2019/12/05/478150/african-americans-face-systematic-obstacles-getting-good-jobs/

And because they come from a more poorer community they are usually having to pay off their college debt.   If we go back and think about the history of the black community 

‘’ From slavery to Jim Crow and to today’s housing, health care, and voting inequities, the African American community has endured unrelenting racism that begins at an early age (Gilliam 2014; Gershenson & Dee 2017). To believe that these insults have not left a cultural residue—for Whites as well as for African Americans—is to deny what we know about power relationships.’’ https://www.naeyc.org/resources/pubs/yc/may2018/achievement-gap

With all of what the black community has to worry about getting a good job is the last thing on their minds. Also, parents should educate there children and have them get good jobs because the more black males and females we have in higher-paying jobs the more the communities that are poor are going to look up to them and want to work harder.

March 6, 2020 5:24 pm

Dear Asnica,
I loved this article very much. In the first paragraph it quotes, “African American are more likely to get lower-paying jobs than white people because the education between white communities and black communities are a lot different from each other. Black males and females are less likely to become successful because they are less likely to attend and graduate from college”. I think that African Americans can achieve whatever they set their mind to, and that they do get profiled a lot, but that should not affect them because they should know they are hard workers and can do anything good in life!

1
0
()