In the article “ When Are You Really an Adult?” I learned that American laws are inconsistent about how old you have to be for various rights and privileges. When you turn 18 it means that you legally come of age. Vermont State Senator John Rodgers introduces a bill suggesting that anyone under 21 should be banned from using a cellphone. He believes that it can be dangerous and there can be life threatening consequences of cell phone use by young people. He wrote in the bill that It is clear that people under 21 years of age are not developmentally mature enough to safely possess cell phones. 

I believe that this is not the best proposal a Senator has made. Yes many people that are under 21 can be immature, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have possession over a cellphone. This country is the country of freedom and new opportunities. So therefore I don’t agree with Vermont State’s Senator John Rodgers proposal. It can be dangerous for some people, based on what they post but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t have that privilege. 

So what do you think? Should people under 21 have the privilege of cell phone usage?

0
()