Who am I? I’m Isaac Torres but I prefer to be called Elisa. And about me, I don’t talk much yet I do a lot of work and try my best to pass. I’m very friendly to people. I was born on Jan 13, 2000 in the Bronx, New York. I have lived in New York all of my life with my family. I like to act a lot in school, also outside too, or draw a lot, but I’m not good – I’m trying my best to draw well, but I’m good at acting; that’s what people have told me. My plan in the future is to become a movie actor and make movies.

I was born in the U.S so I’m not a immigrant. I’m Puerto Rican but I mostly speak English, my Spanish isn’t really good, my culture speaks Spanish mostly but I understand what they are saying. My family speaks mostly Spanish to me but they do understand what I say in English.

There was a event that happened when I was young and it was firemen saving people from a bomb that went off inside a building. It happened in New York and I was just walking, going home, and I saw a fire and smoke. There were a lot of firemen and some people outside helping the people in the building. It was sad because some people died and some firemen died.  

Maggie
November 30, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi Elisa, Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I really appreciated getting to read about you and your life. I would be curious to hear about the fire that you experienced when you were younger and how it affected you. It was really cool to hear that you like to act because I also really enjoy acting and performing, so I related to that part of your piece. Thanks again for sharing!
–Maggie

Ruby
November 28, 2018 7:22 pm

Issac,
Your writing is very interesting and I loved learning more about you. I love how you started your essay with “Who am I?”, it really drew me into your piece. Then you followed with your name and what you like to be called. I wish that you would explain why you like to be called Elisa because that part was very intriguing for me. I also liked the part of your writing where you talked about the fire that impacted your life. Maybe if you wanted to make it more detailed you could add an article about the fire and what happened. Overall I really liked your piece maybe just add more detail.

4
0
()