Follow this link to see this comment in the original context.

In the article, “The Truth About Recycling”, recycling brings little to no benefit to the environment.  As we recycle, we think the plastic bottle would be recycled not going to landfill with the rest of the garbage.  The recycling industry has been doing a great job convincing consumers that their method of recycling works.  However, most of these industries aren’t advanced enough to recycle some types of plastics therefore going to the landfills.

It is frustrating that industries are feeding people false hope.  Instead of having us think recycling is effective, they should speak the truth so we can come together to find more efficient and effective strategies.  If we’re not helping our environment, we need to find more ways to do so.

How can you help the environment?