October 23, 2020 3:44 am

Hi! After reading your Youth Voice post, I have to say that I totally agree with you. In my opinion I think that the age to be considered an adult should be 18 to 21. It gets confusing when states have different ages regarding when adulthood starts, especially with the age of consent. The government should establish a nation age of consent because a 14-year-old or 16-year-old should not be able to get married or decide on sex. The only thing I do not fully agree on is the age and decision for life in prison. To me, an 18-year-old has the ability to know what is right and what is wrong. If he or she knows what is right they should not land life in prison to begin with. Of course they are still young, but they are legally an adult and can be sentenced as one. Overall, I do agree with you about the age of being an adult. I think you brought up good points and reasons for why the age of being a legal adult matters.

1
0
()