The objects in my shadow box really represent a lot about me and my nationality and race. This also shows a lot of my chosen identities like i’m a big fan of soccer and basketball so I put my favorite teams in both sports. I also put a copy of Mario Kart 7 because growing up that was the game I loved the most I would play it anytime I could. I also showed some of my assigned identities like me being from Guatemala is very important to me because that’s where my blood comes from and I feel like I should embrace that. Being from Guatemala is really amazing but it’s really challenging because people don’t expect anything from me anything I’m useless. I put a medal in the box because I got 2nd place in a soccer tournament and that really inspires me to win a 1st place medal in soccer. I also put a teddy bear in here because I am very injury prone I have had 3

Natalie
April 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Dear Douglas,

I am a student from San Jose State University and I really like all of the items that are in your shadow box because they represent you and who you are as a person. I also really liked how you put your second place medals in your box, it really shows me that you are super humble and doesn’t give up until you get first place. I do hope you get first place soon. And lastly, everything in your box really shows who you are and I hope you never change. Keep representing your background and you as a person! 🙂

Brianna
November 4, 2019 5:00 am

Hello Douglas, I am a student at SJSU, your shadow box was amazing what stood out to me was that you played soccer because soccer has been the only sport I’ve actually played. I love that sport and I love the dedication you have to the sport and the want to exceed and surpass from 2nd to 1st place. I also enjoyed the fact that you displayed your heritage and what it means to you.

Dear Douglas,
Something I liked about your shadow box is about how you want to embrace bout you being from Guatemala. I’m also from Guatemala so i do connect you from that. I like how you put the Guatemalan flag on the background so it does pop out. A sentence that stood out to me was about how you liked about Mario Kart 7. I liked that video game when i was little because me and my brother about who’s getting first place.

3
0
()