Earth with clouds above the African continent

Even if we make big changes, it’s unlikely that climate change will completely end. In 100 years, oceans will most likely rise, displacing many people, and it will continue to become warm and acidic. Natural disasters like wildfires and hurricanes will continue to be very common and water resources could be scarce.

NASA is researching earth to make observations that will benefit everyone. They’re also developing new technology to push the boundaries of the future, and better explore the moon and Mars, and maybe other planets someday. They think that much remains to be learned about the Moon and how we might use its resources to support human life somewhere other than the earth.

Sources

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-is-what-earth-will-look-like-in-100-years

https://www.nasa.gov/specials/60counting/future.html

September 20, 2021 12:10 am

Dear kate,
I an intruiged by your post “what Will Earth be Like in 100 Years” because I feel like it can be an eyeopener on what direction we are heading in as a society. As well as we are able to predict what our climate will look like after 100 years. One sentence that you wrote that stuck out to me was “Even if we make big changes, it’s unlikely that climate change will completely end.” I think it is shocking that we’ve reached a point where we have created unreversable effects on our planet.
Thank you for writing this and I look forward to reading your future posts because I will hope to see more stuff like this based around the direction of humankind.

Natalia
Reply to  Leonel
September 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Leonel, how do you propose that we try to correct some of the effects of climate change? If we cannot change what has already happened, can we find ways to prevent more damage?

September 18, 2021 12:34 am

i am fascinated by your post on ¨what will the earth look like in 100 years¨” because since it shows how the earth will change like the seas will probably rise. There will in any case be catastrophes like tropical storms and rapidly spreading fires yet a portion of the water will be scant, the environment it’s impossible will change following 100 years.

One sentence that got my attention was ¨Natural disasters like wildfires and hurricanes will continue to be very common and water resources ¨. The reason why this caught my attention was because it saying that it´s really common to have these in the world.

Thank you for writing i can´t wait to see more of your amazing writings.

Angel G
September 16, 2021 5:42 pm

I am impressed by your post ¨what will the earth look like in 100 years¨ because it shows how the earth will change like the oceans will most likely rise. There will still be disasters like hurricanes and wildfires but some of the water will be scarce, the climate it’s unlikely will change after 100 years. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is ¨It’s unlikely that climate change will completely end¨. I think this is amazing because it shows how this will change in 100 years and how it will change like the water in 100 years will be scarce and it´s shows how the climate is unlikely going to change. 

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you show how the climate it’s unlikely going to change in the rate we are in but you show how the water in 100 years will be scarce. Another resine is that you show how nasa is researching the earth to make observations that will benefit everyone 100 year and the technology that will help us in the future. 

Angel Gallegos

4
0
()