In the article “What the Internet Really Knows About You” by Zeynep Tufekci is about how you have to be careful what you share on the internet. Your electronic device can figure out who you are without you ever posting something. Your device can infer your political beliefs if you subscribe to a certain magazine. Not only can they tell your political beliefs but they can tell the mood you are in without you ever posting something like “I am happy”. It can tell what you like or your interests so that your feed can be more enjoyable. When you share your contact information on Facebook, Facebook shares it so you can find friends. There has been an investigation where Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint have been sharing your location. People can know where you are at and can question why you are at a certain place. The author suggests that there should be laws that directly regulate computational reference and that phones should be more privacy protected. 

There has been this theory that your phone can listen to what you are saying. For example say you’ve been wanting to buy a certain broom or you’ve been wanting to go to a place, in your feed there will be ads about a broom and about the certain place that you’ve been wanting to go. This has happened to me before. At first, I was a little skeptical but what if it’s just a coincidence. Do you believe that our devices listen to us?