In the article, “California School Vaccination Requirement” (McGraw Hill), I learned that schools are starting to start again across the U.S. with school districts deciding on how to keep students and the staff safe during the COVID-19 surge of delta variant cases in which school districts have mandatory mask wearing for that reason. California has taken many precautions just like on October 15, 2021, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 but those students or staff that choose not to receive the vaccine will have to be tested weekly for the virus. The new California requirement will impact 320,000 public school teachers, 80,000 private school employees, and 250,000 support staff. If there are school volunteers then they too have to follow the new rule. There is an estimated 90 percent of the nation’s teachers who are fully vaccinated. 

I believe that this new rule in California will help because it can create a safe environment for students and teachers at school so that the virus cannot spread as quickly as it was before. I also believe that parents will have to make decisions in accepting this new rule because they too will decide if their child or children will take the vaccines. In my shoes, I believe that my parents will not want me to get vaccinated because they aren’t vaccinated either but they are debating whether or not they should. In the end, it is everyone’s decision if they want to or not but everybody will be safer and there will be fewer worries when attending school. 

What would occur if the state of California was not on top of creating a rule to lessen the spread of the virus?

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices
0
()