Dear future president,
In the world today, we face many problems such as Racism, police brutality and prejudgment. With most of the problems we face today linked to prejudgment (to pass judgment on prematurely or without sufficient reflection or investigation). This causes lots of problems because with prejudgment people are Assuming that all Islamic people are part of ISIS and most African Americans are bad people which is not true at all but, if it’s not true then why do people think so ? People think so because their environment and culture has a big effect on their prejudgment. For Example, there was a research done after the Colorado shooting about prejudgment a classroom of kids were shown 2 pictures. one of the Colorado school shooter and a African american police officer who help took down the shooter. The kids where ask who was the bad guys between the two people? Every kid said it was the African american police officer which is not true. This shows that their environment is affecting their judgment on who the bad guy was. I believe that this can be all solved by taking the time to fully know somebody before you judge them.

Dawn Reed
March 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Quan,
I appreciate your sharing ideas about what you care about. Thank you for raising awareness to multiple issues and the importance of considering perspectives to try to understand others.
Mrs. Reed (your March secret writing pal)

1
0
()