In the article “Haiti Faces Series of Natural Disasters”(McGraw Hill) I learn that Haiti was hit by a 7.2 magnitude earthquake. Then, they were also hit 2 days later by a tropical storm called Tropical Storm Grace. Due to the earthquake it had killed over 2,000 people and injured 12,000. About 53,000 houses were destroyed and many people had to wait to be seen at hospitals due to the hospitals being leveled. The tropical storm had caused the after effects of the quake harder to recover. Several countries are helping aid with workers, supplies and equipment. The USAID and DART are also helping Haiti recover.

0
What are other ways other countries or people in general can help Haiti?x

I think what is happening in Haiti is scary. Not only getting an earthquake but also getting a tropical storm 2 days after making it harder to fix their homes. It’s sad to think over 2,000 lost their lives that day of the quake and now the people who are recovering from the aftermath are going through a tropical storm. I hope the other countries that are going to help Haiti are able to help and save lives or homes. It’s crazy and horrifying to imagine what they are going through right now.

0
()