In the article “Coral Reefs Show Damage From Climate Change” (McGraw Hill) I learned that coral reefs are dying out because of climate change. This is a horrible situation because fish need the coral reef to survive they eat them, we need coral reefs because they help protect and shield coastlines from storms. What’s even crazier to me is that the world has lost more than 14 percent of its total amount of coral reefs from 2008-2015. This is because of climate change, the warm temperatures of the ocean’s water prevent the coral reef to rebuild its skeleton. It makes it harder for the coral reef to rebuild its skeleton because the algae comes off easier in the heat and if they have no more algae then they die.

What do you think should be done about this coral reef situation?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

I think what is happening with the coral reef is a big problem. It’s hard to believe that climate change is doing this to our oceans and our coral reef. Just imagine how our oceans would be without coral reefs, a lot of fish would probably die or would have to adapt to a new source of food. We should do something about it while we still can if we don’t just think how our oceans would be sea levels would increase by a lot and the temperatures of oceans would also change making it difficult for sea creatures to adapt to a new environment.

October 27, 2021 2:37 am

Dear Felipe

I am impressed by your post ” What Climate Change is Doing to our Oceans” because it’s telling us what damages the high temperatures is causing to the coral reefs. I think this is something important for us to acknowledge that our coral reefs are taking serious damages due to climate change.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me is “the warm temperatures of the ocean’s water prevent the coral reef to rebuild its skeleton”. This stood out to me because it shows how much damage the reefs are taking.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you explained how climate change has affected the coral reefs.

Angel G

Dear Felipe 

I am amazed by your post ¨ẅhat climate change is doing to our oceans¨ because you show how climate change is damaging our oceans and the creatures that live in them. In the years 2008-2015 more than 14 percent of the total amount of coral reefs in the world has been lost and the temperatures of the oceans’ water prevent the coral reef from rebuilding its skeleton and damaging the coral reef. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “This is because of climate change. The warm temperatures of the ocean’s water prevent the coral reef from rebuilding its skeleton.”  I think this is important because  climate change is making the water temperatures dangerous for the coral reef. Climate change has to be fixed or the coral reef will be gone. 

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you explain how climate change is damaging our coral reefs and our ocean’s. You show how climate change is making the temperature warm up the oceans, damaging life in it. 

Angel Gallegos

Sam
Sam

Hey Felipe,
You’re right, it really is scary to see so many of our Earth’s corals dying off so quickly becuase of climate change. I feel like very few people realize how much of an impact the extinction of corals could have on the planet, as that would basically destroy almost the entire ecosystem. There’s a documentary on Netflix called “Chasing Coral” that documents this disaster and really helped educate me on the the issue. It’s great to hear that there are others concerned with our oceans!

October 21, 2021 12:29 am

I think this is a important subject to talk about and I am glad you looked into it. I noticed you said that a lot of fish would ether die or would have to adapt to a new source of food. And I was just wondering what that would look like, how could the fish just find new sources of food especially for the ones that it was their main source of food. I am currently talking about coral reefs in my oceanography class and we watched a Netflix’s documentary I think might interest you its called chasing coral. We also learned about volunteering opportunities and if you are interested in that this is one of them. https://www.coralrestoration.org/volunteering

4
0
()