Welcome to my first post. First, I have something to show you.

https://youtu.be/w2_mo4A06Oo

This presentation is very important. It allows viewers to get a better grasp of normal everyday discrimination people of the LGBTQ+ community. It is also a way to inform viewers of a few ways that they could help prevent this from happening.

Now some of you may be wondering why choose LGBTQ Healthcare? Well it’s actually quite simple. We are all human right? Just because people have different sexual orientations and gender identities that people may not classify as “normal”, does not mean they should be treated any less than human. However, things have gone to a new extreme. Now, people of the LGBTQ+ community are struggling to access proper healthcare. In several articles such as Discrimination Prevents LGBTQ People from Accessing Health Care, LGBTQ patients reveal their exhausting, infuriating, and surprisingly common struggles at the doctor’s office, and The problems with LGBTQ health care, we are able to see that when going to the doctor’s office, LGBTQ+ adults are finding themselves having o putting up with discrimination as well as cluelessness. Other than being refused care, nurses and doctors don’t seem to be knowledgeable enough about their issues. These are only a few of the problems that LGBTQ+ adults face.

PS: go check out the blog I have created along with a few of my peers- http://lgbtqhealthcare.home.blog

-Ash

0
()