I don’t really know the real answer to this question, generally because I was the one to avoid conflict.

However, the book “Stuck in the Middle” has really made me think, and review in my years of middle school, and then I started thinking. Students have gotten craftier, thanks to the Internet.

Although bullying almost never occurred in school, all of it now occurs over the internet. A lot of it now occurs over social media. With snide comments like, “You look fat,” and, “You look ugly,” it just tears through people.

However, I have witnessed bullying in school as well. I remember how one girl has transferred school because she couldn’t handle all the insults.

So, bullying hasn’t changed. It’s just as bad as it used to be.

Alexa
September 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Loved this writing. Bullying has changed from in person to the internet, yet I still see bullying at school all the time. At my school every year we have an assembly dealing with the topic of bullying, but this doesn’t stop the bullies. I myself was bullied in middle school and I know just how hard it was. I didn’t want to come to school and was always scared to talk to people. This experience let me grow as a person and become more confident. The subject of bullying needs to be handled more straight on, just like you said bullying is just as bad as it used to be.

MyronJordan
September 29, 2016 9:44 pm

This is a great topic! Bullying is a major problem that affects people across the country and many people have been affected negatively creating a chain of events that chooses the fate of their future while some are negative and can cause someone to go over the edge and commit acts of hate. We need to find a solution to end bullying and unite our people despite our differences and where we came from

3
0
()