In the article, “Careers: Veterinarian” (BTW) I learned that working with adorable pets comes with a lot of obvious advantages but there are also plenty of challenges. To begin with a veterinarian is a doctor but for animals. A veterinarian’s job is to prevent, treat illnesses and injuries so that animals could recover and be healthy. They will also be diagnosing animal patients, performing surgery, prescribing medications, giving vaccinations¨ and many more things etc. Vets very much because some vets work with small animals, such as dogs and cats and other household pets. Other vets work on animals more like on large-animals, for example farm animals like cows and horses. Lastly, the third vet doctors will focus on wildlife, and some even work in zoos, while others specialize in only exotic animals. To look at that you will need a four-year, science-focused bachelor’s degree then you must earn a doctorate degree in veterinary medicine and alot more requirements that need to become one of these vets. These vets will earn on average an annual salary for a veterinarian of $90,420 which is not bad. In this job there are a lot of pros and cons that come from being a doctor for animals. It goes from creating special bonds with animals to you running the risk of getting bitten.

How do veterinarians get through those harsh emotions knowing the pet is severely sick and how do they deal with telling the patient their pet is not making it?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

I think that becoming a veterinarian is a good career for those people who love animals in general. As a veterinarian it is very similar to what a doctor’s will procedure in a human. I learned that there are many types of vets that specialize in specific groups of animals. Interesting thing is that they have to have a lot of knowledge because after they earn their degree to become a veterinarian they need to do way more than just that. Skills are very important and also necessary in order to become a successful veterinarian. Vets will need to think critically and under pressure, make quick and sometimes difficult decisions, and solve complex problems. Being a doctor/vets comes with a lot of responsibilities and also by ¨taking care of sick animals and consoling distraught owners can be emotionally taxing.¨ Vets could be affected as well because they may struggle emotionally when they know that an animal is suffering and should be put to sleep. 

September 24, 2021 7:39 pm

I think it’s interesting how you compared the different types of vets and how all of them specialize in different things. I also think that its interesting to see how you compared vets to doctors since their jobs are kind of similar in many ways so I would love to hear more about this.

September 24, 2021 7:28 pm

It is definitely interesting to see the pro’s and con’s of being a vet, most of which I have not considered before. It really does make you think, do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. I’d like to know your thoughts.

September 24, 2021 7:27 pm

I like how you compared vets to doctors and the gave examples by saying they do much of the same thing, but on animals. This is a good article for anyone looking into becoming a vet in the future

September 24, 2021 7:24 pm

I think its interesting that people usually don’t put vets and doctors on the same pedigree. This article brings to light a lot of insight into the various responsibilities of veterinarians. Thank you Ernesto.

5
0
()