Will the snowpack be good this year? (in Utah) – 

person in black jacket and black pants standing on snow covered ground during daytime

The snowpack for the 2023-2024 year in Utah is predicted to get excellent snow. According to the The Old Farmer’s Almanac, Utah is in the “cold and snowy” area on the map. It is also predicted that the snow will be good, meaning it won’t be too wet or too dry. It also said that having a “White Christmas” is heavily predicted. This is all because of the El Nino that is coming this winter. The El Nino coming this winter is also supposed to be a “Super El Nino”. 

The snowfall is also expected to be above normal, meaning that we will get a super wet spring and possibly help our lake levels rise during the spring and summer. This will help with Utah’s fight against all the droughtful summers we have had the past few years. 

Along with the above-average snowfall, we are also expected to have lower-than-average temperatures. This means that while we are getting a lot more snow, we are going to be experiencing icy temperatures, making the roads more unsafe to travel on. Hopefully, it won’t cause too much damage to our roads and the fatality numbers. 

With good snowpack, it will allow for very good tourism numbers and money coming into the state from mainly the ski resorts. This always benefits Utah’s economy in a positive way, even if that means our roads are more packed during certain times of the winter. 

Overall, with Utah predicted to get a heavy snowpack this year, it will not only help out the state’s economy, but it will also personally make me happy because when we go out in the backcountry and snowmobile, all we hope for is fresh powder. It will also help our spring and summer of the preceding year. 

0
()