In the article, “Unsafe Abortion: The Missing Link in Global Efforts to Improve Maternal Health” (Barot 2011) I learned that over the last 2 years, women dying of unsafe abortions has significantly decreased. Although it is still a problem and is a number 1 cause of death in mothers because of the unsafness it is starting to decrease. Unless programs are implemented to keep unsafe abortions from happening, those deaths will most likely rise in the coming years. Some examples are free abortions, easier child care, and more help for mothers such as mom help groups, necessary income for first-time parents, or funding for those in need.
I think this is happening because this article was written in 2011, then abortions were legal clinics were offering abortions that were safe and done by profesionals. Now it is illegal so the cases of unsafe abortions have been rising. belive it or not illegal or not people are going to continue to have abortions, safe or not safe. This is such a sad scene because we see so many maternal deaths that are due to unsafe and sketchy abortions and no matter the reason why a person got it they shouldn’t have to die because of it. Here in the U.S., we are so lucky to have so many luxuries because it is not yet illegal to have an abortion.

0
()