You are unique and beautiful just the way you are, don’t let anyone make you think you are a lesser person just because you’re not their definition of ‘pretty’.

Pretty comes in all shapes and sizes, but most people believe that the only way you can be or feel pretty is being a “white” blonde headed, blue eyed, skinny waisted, girl. A girl that wears things like dresses, and flats, or heels and skirts. Flowy shirts and shows everything off for everyone to see. That isn’t true, you can feel pretty by just being you. You don’t have to feel like you have to please a man everywhere you go. You are a strong, independent woman that can do anything for herself, and one that abides to her own rules, not the rules of a messy eater, or the “gentleman” you went out with last week for dinner, but ended up being another jerk. Just. Like. The. Rest.  The real dictionary definition of the word BEAUTIFUL is either: pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically, or of a very high standard; excellent. This definition could not be more off. The real definition of the word beautiful is a tough woman that will not give herself up to a man. One that makes some ground rules on the first date, and if they don’t cooperate or care, really, she leaves them or lets them go. Because a man that doesn’t care about you was never worth the time of day you gave him. Or much less your love. When I think of Beautiful I think of all the women out there setting examples for the future generation, because if we don’t, who will? This was just to tell you how I feel about what some people think is “beauty”. You are unique and beautiful no matter what a magazine or a man tells you.

“Don’t be afraid to be both a masterpiece, and a work in progress.”

-Sophia Bush

0
()