February 9, 2021 5:25 pm

Nick,
I absolutely agree that outsourcing labor is a big issue, especially in the United States. You made several good points about the wealthy having so much control over these agreements. I think that it is fair to say that protests won’t be effective in stopping these giant corporations from exploiting cost-efficient labor, but what CAN we do? It seems that not even the government could become involved because they have no say in the labor laws of these third world countries.

December 10, 2020 9:04 pm

Nick,
I completely agree with your perspective on labor laws and topics as such. It has often been seen that big corporations have factory workers that have awful conditions with nonrealistic work hours, and it is truly awful to hear of. I found it interesting that Nike has now turned its back on unfair labor practices. I think that is a big step in the right direction for the rights of workers across the board!

December 4, 2020 9:32 pm

Nick,
I liked your perspective on labor laws and work place violation. I think it is interesting to think about the vastly different conditions that United States workers have vs other countries in the world. Especially in manufacturing the people in the United States there is a crazy difference.

Help on Youth Voices
3
0
()