In the article, “Students Join Ukrainian Relief Effort ” (BTW) I learned that many people are well aware of what is occurring overseas with Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and people, in this case very young people, are taking action in hopes of helping the fleeing Ukrainian refugees. A graduate student at the University of Harvard began collecting many of the basic necessities that would greatly help these Ukrainian refugees, for example, food and clothing. Another two students at the University of Harvard decided to take part in this by creating a website that would connect refugees with host families. These students also plan to create a resource page that has information about public transportation and where to find clothing, food, and other supplies. 

These students, as well as many other people, who are doing what they can in helping with the Ukrainian relief effort, should be admired because they are helping others who are not themselves. I believe that in this country we are extremely self-centered and we care very little about what is occurring around us thinking that it will have no effect on us, but one way or another it will. Besides that, we must help one another because we are all the same, we are all people. 

How can you use the internet and its resources to help with the Ukrainian relief effort?

0
()