In this poem I wrote it was about sexism in our society and how it connects to Romeo and Juliet. In my poem its Females and Males against each other while in the book Romeo and Juliet it was the Montagues against the Capulets. I hope you enjoy my poem! 

Two genders

Female and male.

Both have differences that make them different from each other.

Mostly in stories it’s the rich people versus the poor people.

But here in this story we live in it’s males versus females

What makes Males seem more superior is that they have more

Privilege than Females do.

Females get portrayed as butterflies without wings being too weak to fly

While males get portrayed as leaders

They get told their strong like lions.

The wars/fights these two genders have

Is with words and actions.

Their mouths are guns

Their words are bullets

That hurt each other.

Since they are rivals all they can have is hatred

In their hearts

But no room for peace.

How long will this conflict keep on going?

When will they realize that it’s better to come together and create peace.

Rather than to be separated from each other like if they

Were Romeo and Juliet.

As a female myself I feel as if we should all stop the hate because it’s killing

Positivity in the world and bringing down people especially us females

Who get told were not valuable like gold.

We should all come together and make a change in society

That will make peace sprout

And hate be unknown.

Two genders

Female and male.

There should not be a gender who’s better than another because were all humans

Who should not be selfish for power or to be seen as better by putting others down.

We all need to put our hearts up and all negativity away

That encapsulates us from a better society.

Jesus Morales
Jesus Morales
February 19, 2019 10:24 pm

You explained more about genders in a paragraph then what I have researched I like that.

Dustin
December 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Dear Beatriz,
I honestly love your poem. It speaks out to people about what it’s trying to say, and how it is unjust. I also like how you talked about other things that had differences, then you went straight to the point about what are differences and how one gender is more privileged than the other. I like how yo usaid, “ The war/ fights these two genders have is the words and actions. Their mouths are guns and their words are bullets that hurt each other.” This stood out to me because there is a lot of arguing between the two genders and sometimes we don’t even try to hurt each other. I really like your poem and hope that you continue these to prove a point.

Dustin Crawford
Dustin Crawford
December 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Dear Beatriz,
I honestly love your poem. It speaks out to people about what it’s trying to say, and how it is unjust. I also like how you talked about other things that had differences, then you went straight to the point about what are differences and how one gender is more privileged than the other. I like how you said, “ The war/ fights these two genders have is the words and actions. Their mouths are guns and their words are bullets that hurt each other.” This stood out to me because there is a lot of arguing between the two genders and sometimes we don’t even try to hurt each other. I really like your poem and hope that you continue these to prove a point.

Kelly
December 7, 2018 10:44 pm

Dear Beatriz,

One thing that I like about your poem is that you talked about sexism. I like the topic because it does connect to our society since people think men are better than women. But also sexism connects to Romeo and Juliet since there was many comments made about women needing to get married to a man. I really like how you said, “Their mouths are guns,Their words are bullets”. I loved this because it is true how words can hurt each other and that words are powerful. 

Sincerely, Kelly

4
0
()