This question of what I want to do with my life is the second question I receive, after being asked what college I want to attend. This is exhausting, mostly because I have no idea. After skimming and reading some of these articles and websites, I have accepted that it is okay not to know. In an article posted by Lifehacker it stated that no plans ever work  out perfectly, so planning your future is really just a waste of time, time you could have used exploring and trying to find answers. Elite Daily wrote an article in which they say: if they were seventeen again, to try everything, view all options in order to really experience and see yourself in a position. The other predominant advice would be to have help. In an article from the New York Times, it discussed how adults, parents, counselors, and teachers, they are here to help, they want to help. Having guidance and help, but not being led. Everyone has their own path, and finding that path is key to life, but help is always appreciated. This is an exciting and terrifying time, hopefully we (my class and myself) all find what we want to do, and we enjoy it. After all, happiness is the most important aspect, that’s why we must search for joy and laughter in our answers to these questions.

Caroline
September 16, 2016 4:16 pm

I agree with your ideas. My grandfather has done many happiness studies and the happiest people in life are not always at the richest, most popular, etc. The happiest people are the people that pursue the things they love, not their annual income. In trying to find our choices in life, I think that we must pursue the things we love and the things that make us happy because then, ultimately, we will live a happier life.

1
0
()