In the article, “ Historical Time Travel” (upfront) I learned that now people can get a glimpse of Greek history without leaving home. Microsoft and the Greek government have partnered to digitally preserve the city of Olympia. It is the original home of the Olympic Games so anyone can virtually experience how it looked in its heyday more than 2,000 years ago. They created this Olympic Games with a hope that people will learn about more of the past, and they hope that this also will help the future generations to learn the history of 2,000 years ago.

I think this is a great game because people can have a little taste of how it looked 2,000 years ago. Also people can imagine how people lived during that time, and see how the world has changed since then. And for the first time, people from around the world can virtually play, experience history and learn about more of the history.

Omar
September 8, 2022 5:51 pm

Dear Monica,
I am hopeful by your post “Traveling back in time” because this technology that ‘preserved’ the city of Olympia in the modern world has the potential to evolve and create something extraordinary. It would be amazing if this technology can preserve cities or locations that were further back in time than the days of Olympia. One sentence you wrote that stands out to me was when you said that this was a “great game because people can have a little taste of how it (Olympia) looked 2,000 years ago. I think this pretty much sums up how I felt when reading this post. This technology will probably be further developed and eventually become revolutionary. Thank you for writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next because it seems you have a good perception of choosing what topics to write about. I learned a lot from this post as I had no idea this kind of technology was being developed.

Last edited 4 months ago by Omar
Fatima
August 30, 2022 3:51 am

Dear Monica,

I am overcome by your post “Traveling back in time” because it is impressive that the government of Greece and microsoft are getting together to create a vision from the past for us in the present. I think that created the preservation of the city of Olympia digitally is a great way for now and future generation to now about what has happened before then and the process it took to get to the level of construction they are in.

One sentence you stated that stood out to me was, “They created this Olympic Games with a hope that people will learn about more of the past, and they hope that this also will help the future generations to learn the history of 2,000 years ago.”I think this idea is great because some people are fully educated in other countries history since they don’t fully teach it or at all in school.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what your write, because I like how you went and gave a little history on the subject and made connection to how it’ll impact the present and the future generations. I will like you to continue talking about other countries newest news and how they’ll be impacted and impact other.

Fatima Alvarez

Omar
Reply to  Fatima
September 10, 2022 1:42 am

Dear Fatima,
I agree with you that the creation of this technology is impressive. The word you used, “overcome”, is a good way to describe how someone would feel while reading this post. I had a different sentence that stood out to me. However, I do think that yours was definitely one of the many sentences that caught my eye while reading this post. I also agree that this person should continue posting about the latest news from other countries.

3
0
()