Leya
April 5, 2024 11:58 pm

The part where you talk about how white people used to keep black people close before the Civil War but then wanted them separated after slavery ended was really eye-opening. Even talking about civic planners purposely pushing black people into ghettos shows how segregation was created on purpose by the people in charge. Explaining these harsh facts in a straightforward way helps people understand where segregated neighborhoods and all these issues came from and it’s important for making positive changes.

April 5, 2024 1:31 pm

I was completely pulled in by both the title and the image, what made you choose them? I like the way you mention how before the civil war, white people wanted their slaves as close to them as possible, and after abolishment, they wanted nothing to do with African Americans as they were not beneficial to them.

Somaia
April 5, 2024 4:29 am

Rossana I like the organization of your writing, it was easy to read through. Your article effectively examines the historical role of civic planners in shaping Atlanta’s neighborhoods, shedding light on the complexities of urban development. It highlights how understanding this history can inform efforts toward creating more equitable communities. Your clear and concise writing style makes the information accessible, encouraging readers to delve deeper into the topic. Overall, it provides valuable insights into the importance of recognizing and addressing historical injustices in urban planning.

Aaron
April 5, 2024 3:14 am

Rossana, your title was very eye-catching. I wonder what is the meaning behind your cover image? I also like that you include the cultural and economic significance of the city of Atlanta, this strengthens the reasoning as to why this is such a large issue for the community.

Jaylen
April 5, 2024 2:02 am

I admire the fact that you went straight to the point and simply broke down how slavery/segregation relates to modern day highways. I agree that these highways were used to keep African Americans and slaves “in their place”. I also like the image you used for this article.

Sincere
April 4, 2024 3:30 pm

You comfortably explained how white supremacists couldn’t let go of the power they had over black people. The image of what I presume is a ground level of Atlanta connects to the original article, Traffic Jam. Combining the essay and the image brings home the idea of the planners removing the blacks through traffic.

Kayla
April 4, 2024 2:30 pm

This greatly explains on how civic planners played a role in creating segregated neighborhoods in Atlanta, a big city with lots of people and traffic. It explains how, in the past, there was a campaign to keep African-Americans in certain areas, both before and after slavery ended. Civic planners made decisions that pushed African-Americans into ghettos, leading to the segregation we still see today.

Julianna
April 4, 2024 12:54 pm

The title along with the picture caught my eye out of the rest of the articles. You did a great job at connecting one thing to another in the writing. What made you choose that picture specifically?

8
0
()