The third and four chapters of “The Glass Menagerie,” by Tennessee Williams (1944) might leave a reader with more details about the character interaction between each other. People can even feel angry because Amanda wants to make a choice for both of her children. Tom uses to discuss with Amanda for everything, Laura is quiet and never talks but she always has something to say. An example of this is when Tom and Amanda created an argument “ Tom!- It’s nearly seven. Don’t make mother nervous. [He stares at her stupidly. Beseechingly.] Tom spoke to his mother this morning. Make up with her, apologize, speak to her !.” This is evident that both have the same characteristic which gets mad easily. They are impatient and don’t like to talk about their feelings or communicate their ideas.

We learn something interesting about one of the characters, Laura using the previous evidence where wake up Tom and ask him to say sorry to Amanda because she is not going to talk with him again. Laura does not want to feel this tension of enmity in the house, showing that she is a patient person who likes harmony and tranquility. But even though the reader doesn’t support Laura at all because she is quiet, she needs to share her ideas with others and try to change their minds. 

After this part of the chapter, most readers probably will be looking forward to reading the rest of this play because of the internal conflict that exists in the family. What’s probably going to happen next is that Laura would maybe share her opinions more oftenly.

0
()