Legalizing and regulating cannabis is a representation of the major value of the country-liberty. Since cannabis is proven to be far safer than alcohol and tobacco, the government needs to reconsider the regulations and criminalization of cannabis, especially in a nation that is dedicated to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” 

Prohibition of cannabis is certainly a bad decision for society from any perspective. People need to consume cannabis whether it’s legal or illegal, but if it’s legalized then it will be taxed and in this way at least we got paid. On the contrary, prohibiting it is wasting money, wasting police resources, and wasting citizens’ taxes. All the money and energy wasted on prohibiting cannabis can be used for other good causes and improve the situation of society to the next level. 

When the police are too focused on cannabis crime, the real and more serious crimes are happening without their enough attention. There are FBI data showing that police only cleared 33 percent of rapes, 31 percent of robberies, and 14 percent of burglaries.

Original article: Project, Marijuana Policy. “Top 10 Reasons to Legalize and Regulate Cannabis.” MPP, https://www.mpp.org/issues/legalization/top-ten-reasons-to-end-marijuana-prohibition/. Accessed 26 Mar. 2022.

NowComment: https://nowcomment.com/documents/310625

0
()