Scientists have found a link between screens and issues with memory, attention, and development. They also found those who are drawn and glued to their screens have problems with communication skills, problem-solving, and social interactions. They have found those who have increased screen time have a later development with talking and social skills compared to those who didn’t have an introduction at a young age. Parents now are also using the use of screens as a coping mechanism for kids to stop the tantrums which only makes it worse for bedtime because the screen becomes an addiction and when taken away the child goes through withdrawal similar to drugs. They also found that those with current behavior issues were not linked to screen time but genetic components and those with increased screen times had new findings of behavioral issues. When children are on their devices they are missing opportunities on learning how to walk, talk, and interact with others. They also found that screen time is only beneficial when a parent is watching the information on the screen and pointing out the information and reinforcing the information presented.

0
()