closeup photo of gavel

Atticus Finch, one of the protagonists in To KIll A Mockingbird, has a few traits that influence his relationships with others.

One, he is Very kind. Two, he is considerate.  Three, he is brave.

These traits influence his relationships with others. “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view…until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.”  considerable comes into play here when in this sentence he says that you don’t really know what someone is going through until you metaphorically become in their shoes. Also when atticus explains that without being in sync with someone you don’t know how they feel about certain things. For example a joke for you might be something serious to someone else.

Later, jem interacts with Atticus, basically talking to him about mrs.dubose. ““Mrs. Dubose was a morphine addict,” said Atticus. “She took it as a pain-killer for years. The doctor put her on it. She’d have spent the rest of her life on it and died without so much agony, but she was too contrary—”” atticus’s response here deepens a reader’s sense of his consideration, and sparks a feeling of joy.

1. Zoe 2 months ago

Hi Alex!
    I really enjoyed reading your interpretation of “To Kill A Mockingbird”. I read this book a while ago, but I didn’t remember a lot of it. Your post helped me remember how many important lessons are taught in this book like kindness and compassion. I do think bravery is an important human aspect, but not nearly as important as being considerate towards others, like you said. Thanks for posting!