What does it mean to be a champion?  We hear gold medalists and state competition victors called champions time and time again, yet do we really understand what it means?  To define such a word is easy, a champion is one who defeats or surpasses all competitors in some sort of a competition.  However, it means much more than that to me.  To me, a champion becomes one long before they win a competition or surpass their rivals.  Someone becomes a champion when they decide that he or she will be the very best not only when it counts the most but on a day to day basis.  A champion does not strive to be the best on a single day, they work hard everyday so that they can know that at any given point they can and will beat their rivals in whatever their skill or craft is.  When I hear the word “champion” it makes me want to be better, work harder, and surpass all expectations.  That is why it is my favorite word.

0
()