In the article, “Tokyo’s Teeny- Tiny Homes” (Upfront, Hayashi, 2022 subscription required) the amount of college students in Japan choosing to live in a 95 square foot apartment is increasing that’s like less the space from a parking lot. There’s hardly any space for a kitchen, pieces of furniture, and barely enough space for a sleeping area. These tiny apartments known as the three tatami rooms rent starts at $340 raising to $630 a month. These apartments are placed near trendy areas to call attention including many young adults chose this space work for their way of living. It’s known in Japan to not have guest over since many citizens tend to work long hours leaving them little time to spend at home.

Would you like living in these tiny apartments?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

In my opinion I wouldn’t be able to choose a small apartment the size of a parking lot. The reason why is I need a lot of space to get me around. I’m a person who collects a lot of items I would need room as well for all my items too. I would feel trapped if that was to be my home an as a home I need to feel comfortable for my liking.

I found this very interesting. I knew a little bit about the tiny apartments located in Japan, however I didn’t know as much as I know now. I didn’t realize the rent was so high for so little space, and it seems a little insane for me from a financial stand point. I agree with you when you said that you wouldn’t be able to live in a small space.

September 13, 2023 9:49 pm

Dear Dalia, I was very interested with your post, “Tiny Apartments in Tokyo” because of the fact that many college students are choosing to live in these apartments. The fact that it is not even bigger than a parking lot and you could barely have enough room to sleep was very intriguing because I now have an idea of how small the room actually is. What intrigues me the most is the price for these small apartments from $340-$630 a month.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out to me is, ” There’s hardly any space for a kitchen, pieces of furniture, and barely enough space for a sleeping area. ” This is very interesting as it elaborates more into how small the apartment actually is.

Thank you for writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next because this post was honestly very interesting. I never knew that there were tiny apartments and especially that they are very expensive.

-Giovanni Rosas

2
0
()