brown lioness lying on green grass

This is my body.
I got the strength
Strength from my mother
That came from my mother 
That came from the struggle
This is my body
I got the strength
Strength from working out
Strength from `meditation
That came from the struggle
This is my body.
I got the strength
Strong as a lion
All I hear is lying
That came from the struggle
This is my body
I got the strength
Strength that smells like a gain
Gains can turn into pain
That came from the struggle
This is my body
I got the strength
Strength of a black girl  from the hood
Strength of a black girl misunderstood
That came from the struggle

Imeria, I really like the repetition in your poem, I think it adds emphasis on details that wouldn’t be as noticed if you had written this differently. There is such depth to your writing and you show such strength through your poem. Your usage of metaphor is also really impressive. Thanks for your writing, I’m interested to see what you write about next!

September 24, 2021 7:36 pm

I like the repetition of your poem. I think this poem has a deep meaning and show to others that it’s okay. Being able to talk about this and post it for so many people to see shows a lot of strength and helps give others strength to do the same.

September 24, 2021 7:35 pm

I like the repetition of your poem. I think this poem has a deep meaning and show to others that its okay. Being able to talk about this and post it for so many people to see shows a lot of strength and helps give others strength to do the same.

Yan
September 24, 2021 5:45 pm

I love the use of metaphor in your poem. Strong as a lion. It visualizes your strength and power. The repetition makes your poem flow pretty well. It is related to you personally really well. I can see your strength come from your struggle, your meditation, your hood, and your mother. I am interested in more details of the struggles you have been through and how do they make you strong, that would also add more content to your poem.

September 24, 2021 5:33 pm

I really liked the repetition of words like strength and how at the end you described your background and your struggle. I love the lion picture as well. It really encompasses the meaning of the poem. It would have been cool if you split it up into stanzas so the repetition is more defined.

5
0
()