Hi, I’m Lesly Dutan. Something important to me is my family; I care about my grandma and my dad, mom, my sister, my brother, and my cousins a lot. I also care for my siblings.They are Kerly and Ethan and they are both my siblings and my friends. Some cultures that my family and I celebrate are El Carnival, New Year. I was born in Azogues in Ecuador. Now I live in New York but I lived almost all my life in Ecuador. Something important that happened to me is when my dad told me and my sister that we are coming to New York, how is this important? It is important because it was for a better future and a better life for my sister, my dad and me. It’s really sad to leave your other family, mom, brother, grandma in Ecuador but you will see your family soon. 

Three strengths that I have is amiability like with teacher or others persons because I can’t be disrespectful with a person I don’t know yet and if I know that person, It can be with my teachers. I’m not going to be disrespectful with them because they are older than me and because nobody has to disrespect them. I also have creativity: I draw things when I don’t know what to do because I’m bored and because it feels really cool doing something that you like to do. I also have love, like love for the dogs because they are so cute and when I see a dog in the street make me so mad with the people that don’t care about them. One work in progress is math and my next goal is that I want to understand more things about the school. My greatest achievement was learning to speak English

I think one of the members of my family that is most precious to me is my mom because I trust her a lot and she trusts me and that’s great because not all mothers and daughters have that trust. I lost my great grandfather and my dog. His name was Toby. I think he was 4 or 5 years old. He died in 2019 and for me my dog is like a part of my family. I think my great grandfather would treat me like my mom. She’s super funny with me so I remember my great father treated me like that. I’m lucky to have my mom and my friends in my life.

Jennifer C
September 23, 2022 4:01 pm

Dear lesly, 

I am delighted that you have the same passion in justice for animals even if its just dogs. I think it is amazing how you explained and gave details of your life. I liked the way you explained how you have a great relationship with your mom and have trust in your rights. Tho not everyone has a trust in any parent, as for me that’s true i dont have trust in my dad tho my mom i do and i have a good relationship with her. Thank you for  working on youth voices. I look forward to seeing what you write next 🙂

Isiah G
September 23, 2022 1:25 pm

Dear Lesly, 
I am interested in your introduction because I like how you give details about your family and you respect people.
One thing I learned from your writing that stood out for me is you said I love dogs and I think this is interesting becuase i have a dog too. Hes cute his name is toby too and people on the street don’t care about dogs.
Thanks for your work on Youth Voices. i look forward to seeing what you write next because i like to reading people writing 

2
0
()