As growing adults, our bodies should be made up of water making our bodies 60% full of water, but how much of that water is actually clean? From valleys to other areas, we receive water from many sources that made not be safe for humankind to drink under those conditions. Drinking water with toxins and minerals would be fatal to humankind and animals, as we are risking our safety to satisfy our thirst. Autumn Peltier, a member of the Wiikwemkoong, was only eight years old when she had to find suitable water and having to learn that when visiting a First Nation, the water had to be boiled to be able to be drinkable.

There are so many places that water is the one resource that they can not get their hands on due to their location or how unclean the water is. She worked hard to make a change for the following generations and herself. As she got a hold of the governments to improve the safety of water, making the drinkable water levels rise. Water is an important element that helps our bodies survive, which needs to be clean as well as a basic human right.

0
()