Ivy, the protagonist in The Twin, has a few traits that influence her relationships with others.

One, she is Friendly. Two, she is King.  Three, she is thoughtful.

These traits influence her relationships with others. “‘But you’re not failing’, I tell her ‘Take the pressure off. Trust me, you’ll be surprised what that does for you.’” Ivy is nice and supportive to her friends but her sister changes that. Iris, Ivy’s twin sister comes into play here when she convinces Ivy’s best friend that they’re not good at swimming to make them resent Ivy and get them to turn on Ivy. 

Later, on page 286, an old friend of Iris named Kat interacts with Ivy , basically telling her how crazy Ivy is. “‘You need to be careful with this. Believe me, you can’t get ahead of her. She’s sick but she’s also far more conniving than you could ever imagine. Ivy’s response here deepens a reader’s sense of her ambition, and sparks a feeling of fear and curiosity.

Rojo
November 23, 2020 8:14 pm

Dear Jaylene,
I liked your post because your reasoning was really strong. One part that stood out to me was “Ivy’s response here deepens a reader’s sense of her ambition, and sparks a feeling of fear and curiosity.” Because it really describes Ivy well and it makes you want to read the book

Kaimea
November 23, 2020 5:32 pm

Dear Jaylene,
I am interested by your post because ivy sounds like a kind and thoughtful person, and your reasoning is very strong.
One thing you said that stands out for me is: “ You need to be careful with this. Believe me, you can’t get ahead of her. She’s sick but she’s also far more conniving than you could ever imagine.” I think this is interesting because I wonder what lead ivy to come to that conclusion.
Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you brought out very interesting points.

November 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Dear Jaylene,

I am interested in your post because it seems that the protagonist Ivy is a really good and kind person, but iris is trying to get people to turn on Ivy’s back. What made iris want to make people hate her sister? was she jealous of her sister?.

One thing that stands out is where you wrote “Ivy is nice and supportive to her friends but her sister changes that.” This part is interesting because Ivy is just an innocent girl that is really kind to her friends and then her sister comes and tries to ruin the friendship her twin sister has.

Your post reminds me of something that has happened to me , which was that i was friends with this girl in elementary. But there was this other girl who was also friends with the same girl i was friends with, she didn’t want my friend to be friends with me anymore. So what she did was that she started telling my friend false rumors about me. My friend didn’t believe anything the other girl said because she believed me.

Thank you for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your post are really interesting to read.

November 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Dear Jaylen,
I was really interested in your post because as you explained the story we can see that ivy is a very kind person and then the twin iris is trying to destroy ivy as a person and get everyone to hate her.I just wanted to give you a suggestion for your next post you should add any details that would lead up to iris trying to get everyone to hate ivy or if she hates ivy herself. One thing you said that stood out to me was “ “‘But you’re not failing’, I tell her “Take the pressure off. Trust me, you’ll be surprised what that does for you.” This stood out to me because you can relate to this in real life the more pressure you put on you self the more your bound fail and get overwhelmed but if you take pressure off “you would be surprised what that does for you”.

Alex
November 6, 2020 9:09 pm

Dear Jaylene,
I am intrigued by your post because it seems that iris is trying to or did get ivy in a predicament. It seems that ivy has a positive mind set . And on the other hand iris is more negative and tries to ruin ivy’s life.

One thing you said that stands out for me is: “Iris, Ivy’s twin sister comes into play here when she convinces Ivy’s best friend that they’re not good at swimming to make them resent Ivy and get them to turn on Ivy. ” I think this is interesting because it shows that iris wants to ruin ivy’s life by trying to turn people against her.

your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I was outside playing soccer with my friends and then one of em outclassed me which I did not like. I don’t really like losing and am pretty competitive so I tried my hardest to outclass him and did so. since then I really learned that being jealous isn’t really the best mind set to have and that there are better ways to deal with losing or such things as that.

Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you are able to comprehend the book and be able to explain it as well.

November 6, 2020 3:17 am

Dear Jaylene
I am interested in your post because you explain it in a very interesting way
One thing you said that stands out for me is: “Ivy, the protagonist in The Twin, has a few traits that influence her relationships with others.” I think this is intelligent because instead of using small words you used bigger words to make you sound like you really know what you’re talking about. Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

Ian
Ian
November 4, 2020 4:40 pm

Dear Jaylene,

I am interested in your post because Ivy seems like a very nice and kind person, but Iris is trying to get people to hate Ivy. I want to know why she is like this and if she just did this for fun or is there actually something wrong with Iris.

One thing you said that stands out for me is “You need to be careful with this. Believe me, you can’t get ahead of her. She’s sick but she’s also far more conniving than you could ever imagine.” I think this is really interesting because Kat is saying that she’s sick and conniving. Something I want to know is what did she mean when she was saying this to Ivy and why does Iris act like this. Another question I have is did something happen to Iris when she was younger?

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. When I was in middle school I was popular and had friends, but there was one classmate who didn’t like me. He would always try to be better than me and he was always just treating me badly. One example of this is that one time when I was talking with some friends, he pushed me into wet cement then said it was an accident. I know my experience isn’t like ivy’s but hearing her story just reminded me of what happened to me when I was younger.

Thank you for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next because the post you’ve written seems very interesting and I think that if I keep reading your posts then I will have a lot more good book recommendations.

7
0
()